Azuga ELD Solution
Receive alerts when drivers are nearing HOS limits and any violations.
Leverage real-time driver availability status to optimize resource allocation and load
Driver e-Logs App
- Assist drivers with pre- and
documentation to ensure DVIR's
are submitted on time.
- Provide drivers with support 24
hours a day on weekdays, and
6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on
DVIR - pre-trip and post-trip
Admin interface web portal (“back-office”)
- Driver logs are easily viewed, edit and printed.
- Real-time driver availability assists fleets in resource allocation and load planning.
- Reporting allows access to driver logs, violations, driver time, mileage summaries and driver availability.
For more info – download: ELD overview
HOS and ELD FAQs
How do e-Logs work?
In an ELD Mandate compliant vehicle, an eLog device is installed to track HOS data. The device is a GPS tracker with wireless communication capabilities. This device connects with the vehicle’s engine to automatically transmit data whenever the vehicle is in operation. It also records data entered by the driver. It must record the following information to be compliant:
- Engine power status
- Vehicle motion status
- Miles driven
- Engine hours
- Identification of driver/authorized user, vehicle, and motor carrier
- Duty status
Who must comply with the electronic logging device (ELD) rule?
The ELD rule applies to motor carriers and drivers who are currently required to keep records of duty service (RODS) under the hours-of-service (HOS) regulations. If a commercial vehicle requires a USDOT number, it also needs to record ELD logs. This includes commercial buses and trucks used to transport products or people for interstate business, plus all vehicles that have a gross vehicle weight of >10,000 lbs.
Are there ELD mandate exemptions?
There are a few ways some fleet drivers may be exempted from the ELD mandate. These include:
- Drivers who use logs less than 8 days out of any 30-day period
- Drive away or tow away drivers where the vehicle being driven is the commodity or is a motorhome or RV
- Vehicles manufactured before the year 2000
- Specific companies that have received a special exemption such as the United Parcel Service, the Motion Picture Association of America, and the Truck Renting and Leasing Association
Where can I learn more about ELDs and ELD mandate?
Feel free to visit the official FMCSA resources on ELDs and the ELD Rule.